Monday, May 14, 2018

Time

“Then he returned to the disciples and found them asleep. He said to Peter, “Couldn’t you watch with me even one hour? Keep watch and pray, so that you will not give in to temptation. For the spirit is willing, but the body is weak!””
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭26:40-41‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/mat.26.40-41.

Yesterday at church our pastor talked about our busyness. It is so true. Our lives are so packed with “stuff” that we find little time for our most important relationship, with our Father in Heaven. We don’t spend time in prayer. We don’t study the word. We don’t spend time in worship all because we are so busy. I think the disciples were so busy they were exhausted. And just couldn’t stay awake and pray with Jesus at this crucial moment.

Sound familiar? I can’t count the number of times I have fallen asleep during my evening prayer time. For that matter, I also have fallen asleep before I even started to pray. The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak!

One phrase that I will never forget from the sermon yesterday was

“If the devil can’t make you bad, he’ll make you busy!”

It is so much easier to get us occupied with life that we forget, or just get to busy, to spend time with the Lord! We end up becoming “Crisis Christians”. We wonder why we go through so many trials in life. Maybe God wants to spend time with us so bad that he creates these moments of crisis that we might turn to him. Maybe if we scheduled God into our day on a more frequent basis, our times of crisis would disappear.

Dear Lord, forgive me that I get so busy I forget to spend time with you. I love you and don’t mean to toss you aside so easily. Please give me strength and the will to overcome my weaknesses to spend more time with you. I am humbled at your patience with me and the blessings you provide each day even though I give you so little of my time. Forgive me Lord, Amen!

No comments: