Friday, May 11, 2018

Goals!

“For we speak as messengers approved by God to be entrusted with the Good News. Our purpose is to please God, not people. He alone examines the motives of our hearts.”
‭‭1 Thessalonians‬ ‭2:4‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/1th.2.4.nlt

A few months ago I learned a new term from my students. “Goals”. I thought I knew what it meant but teenagers have modified the definition. Mrs Rhoades and I are “Goals”. Later I learned I should be flattered because for all practical purposes it means they want to be like us.

My one goal in life is to please God. I want God to be proud of me, my thoughts, my words and my actions. That’s a tall order considering I am the sinner that I am. I mess up. But, I am so happy that the Lord examines my motives.  While I am far from perfect , my God knows my heart and he knows my reasons. I truly am trying to lead a life worthy of the king.

It’s an honor to serve the Lord and all followers of Jesus need to recognize the privilege we have of serving and sharing the gospel message. So many times we take it for granted the call we have to share the gospel. God does not just entrust anyone with the message of salvation. Therefore, I need to act like it. I need to humble myself in service to the Lord first and then to others. I need to stay in constant communication from the leader of my life. I need to hear and act on his direction. I have the choice to follow his path. I need to stay humble, check my motives and live with his voice guiding my steps.

No comments: