Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Just Enough, Just In Time

“But when they measured it out, everyone had just enough. Those who gathered a lot had nothing left over, and those who gathered only a little had enough. Each family had just what it needed. Then Moses told them, “Do not keep any of it until morning.””
‭‭Exodus‬ ‭16:18-19‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/exo.16.18-19.nlt

What do you think of when you think of being blessed? Most of us would think of our families, friends, jobs, maybe our homes, food on the table, and the stuff we have in our lives. Yes, I have been blessed with all of those things in abundance. In the Book, The Circle Maker, Mark Batterson talks about our blessings. Two thoughts struck me. The first is that blessings do not always make us feel comfortable, and the second, God always provides just enough.

God wants the best for us and he greatly desires a relationship with us. He wants us to be dependent upon him so we draw closer. Blessings do that. So, blessings my create a challenge. As blessings stretch us, we grow and we usually grow closer to the Lord. Comfortable things make us less dependent. So, many times the stresses in my life are not to harm me, but to bless me. Anything that turns me to the Lord, even the pains and trials of life, are pure blessing. We need to grow and growth can be painful.

God also knows our needs. He provides. Sometimes he provides just enough. Most of the time he doesn’t give us extra. He wants us to continually turn to him. If he would have given Israel a years supply of manna, they would have forgotten him throughout that year. So he made them dependent on him daily. If I would be blessed with a million dollars, would I be more dependent on the Lord?

God provides me enough and he doesn’t always make it easy. I am uncomfortable so that I have to turn to him. He always provides just enough, just in time! Praise God for his love, mercy, and grace,Amen!

No comments: