Friday, June 1, 2018

Summer time! Summer time! Sum Sum Summertime!!!!!!!!!

'So you must live as God’s obedient children.
Don’t slip back into your old ways
of living to satisfy your own desires.
You didn’t know any better then. ' 1 Peter 1:14 https://www.bible.com/bible/116/1PE.1.14

I am already enjoying Summer! Yesterday Stephanie and I took two of

the grandkids to Culver's as a reward for them helping us move some furniture.
Those two girls were pretty goofy and not a lot of help. BUT, we had a lot of fun.
They fought a little. It really wasn't a big deal. As I get older, that"petty bickering"
doesn't bother me as much as it used to. Maybe it's because I am not around it
every day. Or, maybe it's because I have been around it enough to know they
will eventually grow out of it. It seems when they are around us they are such
great kids. I am not sure why that is. But, we really enjoy them. The day before
we were with our other group of grandkids. Today, nearly all of them are coming
over. I am looking forward to the fun.

I am so glad my Father in Heaven has patience like a grandparent. He loves me
so much and doesn't get bent out of shape by my sinfulness or the mistakes
I make. He tolerates them just like I tolerate the bickering of my grandkids.
He looks past them and just enjoys the time we share together. It just makes
me want to please him more and more.

Dear Lord, Thank you for your love and patience with me. Thank you for looking
beyond my faults. I praise you for the time we have together. I thank you for my
grandkids and love the time we get to spend together. Let me never forget our
time is precious. We need to take advantage of all the special moments together.
I also need to do the same with you. I need to enjoy the times we have together.
Thank you Lord for this wonderful life we live. Amen!

No comments: