Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Look at what God has done!

“But when Daniel learned that the law had been signed, he went home and knelt down as usual in his upstairs room, with its windows open toward Jerusalem. He prayed three times a day, just as he had always done, giving thanks to his God.”
‭‭Daniel‬ ‭6:10‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/dan.6.10.nlt

In my devotion this morning the author Mark Batterson mentioned this scene in the book of Daniel. It is such a powerful message to all of us. First of all it demonstrates the consistency of Daniels prayer life. It speaks to his conviction. Even though prayer was outlawed, he was not to be separated from his relationship with God. But, I also noticed something. It said he prayed giving thanks. We often forget that Daniel was in captivity. Sure he earned prominence in this small country, but it was at the hands of his captors. Yet, his prayers were filled with thanksgiving, a great example for me.

Look at what God has done!

God has blessed me abundantly. I don’t repeat that enough. I have an amazing family. My life is filled with love and always has been. I have never gone without food and have had it abundantly. I have always had a safe place to rest my head at night. I have been blessed with dear friends and family. My life is filled with joy. God has protected me from harm and even in my darkest hours I have never lost hope. God has been with me. These things are nothing to trifle at. I deserve so much less, yet God has providided so much more. I praise you Lord! I am humbled by your love and will always honor the sacrifice of your precious son who died a painful death on a cross for me and to save the world.

No comments: