Monday, May 28, 2018

What did you do this weekend?

James 2:19-20  -- 19You say you have faith, for you believe that there is one God. Good for you! Even the demons believe this, and they tremble in terror. 20How foolish! Can’t you see that faith without good deeds is useless?
2:19 Some manuscripts read that God is one; see Deut 6:4.
Summer is officially here. The 2017-2018 school year is behind us and I am blessed to be able to spend this Memorial Day weekend camping in the new home. I have been busy. I fixed a leak, hooked up the washer/dryer, installed the motorcycle wheel chock, and a few other small details to make our NEW HOME feel like home.  But, I really didn't do much this weekend for the Lord. It was all about me and us. I guess it's ok to do that once in a while. It can easily become an every day occurence.

What did you do this weekend to put your faith into action?  

All the bible reading, devotionals, and YES prayers are to no avail if I do no put my faith in Christ into action! The Lord has called us to Go into all the world, make disciples, baptize, and teach them. This GREAT COMMISSION is filled with ACTION words. Go, make, baptize, teach, are all calls to put our faith into good deeds for the Kingdom. We can't just go about our daily activities without building them around Christ. We have to take action, serve others, and love. Life is not about us, it's about serving the Lord in EVERYTHING we do.

Dear Lord, Forgive me for the times I just think about myself and when my focus is not on your kingdom. You have called me to action for serving you and many times I forget. Fill me with your spirit. Help me to see places to put that faith into good deeds and serving others. I love you Lord and praise you today and always. Amen!

No comments: