Thursday, May 10, 2018

Its not about me, again.

“I urge you, first of all, to pray for all people. Ask God to help them; intercede on their behalf, and give thanks for them. Pray this way for kings and all who are in authority so that we can live peaceful and quiet lives marked by godliness and dignity. This is good and pleases God our Savior, who wants everyone to be saved and to understand the truth.”
‭‭1 Timothy‬ ‭2:1-4‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/1ti.2.1-4.nlt

God is reminding me more and more that it’s not about me. He has to do this quite often and sometimes he needs to snack me to remind me.

I reinstituted my prayer list a little over a month ago. Sometimes it gets boring to prayer for the same things over and over again. It does help me to remember it’s not just about me. When I don’t use my prayer list it seems like I spend more time focusing on me. After all, it’s easy to remember my prayer concerns . Sure I prayfor my family all the time. It’s also easy to know their concerns. But other than that it was all about me. I have 63 seperate concerns on m prayer list right now, 52 of them are for other people and only 11 are about me. That just wouldn’t happen without writing things down. I can also tell you, from experience, it is really difficult to remove something from the list. I think that is good because people often pray for events that are occurring right now, but after the initial event or concern, the thought fades. A prefect example is a couple of families I am praying for that have lost loved ones from suicide. The deaths accurred a couple of months ago. I am sure they still need prayer.

God wants us to pray for others, often, and continuously. It’s not wrong to pray for our own concerns or praise God for what he’s done, but we need to pray for others. We might be the only one praying for them. Pray, focus on others, without ceasing!

No comments: