Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Supply and Demand

“But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.”
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭4:19‬ ‭KJV‬‬
http://bible.com/1/php.4.19.kjv

The Law of Supply and Demand says that the supply of a product is directly related to the price and the demand for that product. In my faith walk I have noticed God has a different Law of Supply and Demand. He supplies everything and only demands our faith in him. The price was paid through the cross by his son, Jesus.

God has always supplied all that I need and so much more.

As Stephanie and I continue to work toward our move date, we continue to down size so we can fit into our “Tiny Home”. It’s amazing how much stuff we have and how when we really look closely,  most of it is meaningless. An abundance of clothes,  tools, nic-nacs, pictures, furniture have taken up space in our home. They have been provided to us as a gift from the Lord. As we look closely at what we have it is apparent we have so much more than we need. Downsizing isn’t as hard as what I expected.

God has supplied my life with an abundance. But foremost on that list of “abundance” is the love, friendships, grace, and mercy I receive every day. God has filled my life with a wonderful family and joy that’s unending. He has supplied everything and I have never suffered for want of anything. I praise the Lord he supplies and am humbled he expects nothing in return. It just makes me want to serve him more and more each day.

No comments: