Tuesday, May 15, 2018

i can see clearly now

“If people can’t see what God is doing, they stumble all over themselves; But when they attend to what he reveals, they are most blessed.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭29:18‬ ‭MSG‬‬
http://bible.com/97/pro.29.18.msg

I remember a song from my youth that went something like this: “I can see clearly now the rain has gone. I can see all obstacles in my way......” The older and wiser I get, the clearer my path becomes. I see obstacles before me and it is easier to avoid the pitfalls of  sin.

God’s presence in my life is so clear. I just don’t understand how people survive this life without God. It is so evident his mighty hand and how deeply involved he is in my daily affairs. There is no such thing as mere chance when it comes to my life. God has ordained every step and he has orchestrated a life filled with joy, just for me. The greatest aspect of this God designed life is that he does it despite my efforts to get off the path. When I stay on his path, listen to his direction, I see the greatest blessings, the greatest joy in my life. When I am “in tune” with the Lord’s presence I can see clearly into the future.

I have a vision of my future. For the past year God has given me a new path. As I trust him more and more, that new path becomes clearer and clearer. Reading the word of the Lord, praying, taking time to be open to his voice has very practical applications in our lives. It is through each of these spiritual disciplines that God speaks to us, directs us and fills us with his wisdom in order to make good decisions. As we fill our lives with good, God directed, decisions, we will be blessed beyond our wildest dreams. I am living proof. It’s not that all my choices are perfect and I am still prone to “sin filled” decisions at times. The older I get, I rely on the Lord more, the more wisdom I acquire, and the better decisions I make. Praise God for his mighty hand directing my path.

No comments: