Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Stepping into the River

“The Lord told Joshua, “Today I will begin to make you a great leader in the eyes of all the Israelites. They will know that I am with you, just as I was with Moses. Give this command to the priests who carry the Ark of the Covenant: ‘When you reach the banks of the Jordan River, take a few steps into the river and stop there.’””
‭‭Joshua‬ ‭3:7-8‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/jos.3.7-8.nlt

I have no idea what plans God has for Stephanie and I in our future. I literally have no idea. But, we have been prompted to free ourselves of ties that bind us and be open to what may come down our path. It’s backwards. I would much rather know where the goal is and Then make plans to meet the goal. When I coached cross country we had one goal, to qualify as a team for regionals. It had never happened before and both our boys and girls drove themselves to achieve that goal. We prepared practiced, gave up long hours in the summer and sacrificed to reach the goal. But now, here I am reaching for a goal I can’t define. Strangely enough, I am just as driven toward this unseen target as I was that elusive regional birth.

I never realized this verse until reading today. The Lord asked Joshua to have the priests step into the water before he parted the Jordan River. He didn’t tell them why. They had no idea what was about to happen. They just did it. So, our house is sold. We are continuing to pair down our stuff and “stepping into the river”, letting God make the next move. He had the perfect plan for our lives, and yours. Just let him do what he does best, care for his children!

No comments: