Saturday, May 5, 2018

I love my routine!

“But when Daniel learned that the law had been signed, he went home and knelt down as usual in his upstairs room, with its windows open toward Jerusalem. He prayed three times a day, just as he had always done, giving thanks to his God.”
‭‭Daniel‬ ‭6:10‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/dan.6.10.nlt

I am a man of routine. I get up every morning at 5:30, check my emails, social media, the weather, and the news that happened over night. I weigh my self, check my blood sugar, shave if I need to, make my lunch for school, eat one piece of toast, one glass of orange juice with two table spoons of apple cider vinegar, pour my coffee, read my Bible, write my devotional, turn on the news, check on my social media, pray and head out to my day. It’s the same thing every day. When I come home, I get a snack, take a nap, watch tv, shower, pray, go to bed and start over the next day. I love my routine.

But, Stephanie and I committed that while our house was up for sale, we would fast and pray. We are not fasting from food, but we are fasting from morning social media, news, and anything else that’s not directly associated with the Lord. We also committed to focused prayer time and a time to pray together. My routine has changed and it’s been hard! Not that I don’t enjoy the extra time with the Lord, not that I don’t covet the time I have praying with Stephanie, I just struggle breaking my routine.

I miss my Fox News in the morning, I miss checking on social media when I wake up. I truly think I’m addicted! But, we are breaking our routine with one thing in mind, drawing closer to the Lord and being  in tune with his call in our lives. Even though it’s been harder than I expected, I have loved it. The Lord is moving in our lives and focusing on prayer, the word of the Lord, and hearing his voice is worth every minute of sacrifice.

No comments: