Monday, May 21, 2018

The Greats!

“All these people earned a good reputation because of their faith, yet none of them received all that God had promised. For God had something better in mind for us, so that they would not reach perfection without us.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭11:39-40‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/heb.11.39-40.nlt

When I leave this Earth, I hope I am remembered for one thing ..... My Faith. If that’s the only legacy I have, I’m quite ok with it. Reading Hebrews 11 is so nostalgic for me. Even though the writer is listing the greats from the Old Testament, I have a few greats in my own life that have led to my current walk with the Lord. Certainly my own Father ranks up there in my list of greats. My grandfather and his church planting, mission spirit is also a key to my love of the Lord. But, I have so many pastors, friends, and relatives to show me the ways of righteousness. We will all meet in Glory!

Dear Lord, I praise you for the “Greats” you have placed in my life. I am thankful for their own faithfulness, there love and dedication to teaching me about you. I pray as earnestly as I can that I too will lead others that come my way. I hope I can inspire their faith and be a GREAT to them . I am touched that you cared so much for me and my life that you would send so many to guide my path. You are truly amazing! Amen!

No comments: