Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Indeed, we all make mistakes!

James 3:2 -Indeed, we all make many mistakes. For if we could control our tongues, we would be perfect and could also control ourselves in every other way.

I know this is not news to many of you, but I make mistakes. I am FAR from perfect and I have major flaws. This is one of my worst. I guess you could say I am blunt, to the point, when it comes to speaking my mind. SOOOO, many times that gets me in trouble. You always know what I am thinking. I wear my emotions out for all to see and usually my tongue leaves no doubt. Even with the ones I love, sorry honey! 

My mom always said, if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything at all. Well, I spend a lot of time being quiet. I guess that is the way I have dealt with a "wagging tongue". That also is not the best method. If I am truly trying to share the love of Jesus, I need manage my words. I need to do this with strangers, coworkers, friends and, most importantly, with my family. I would say even more so with my lovely wife. She has learned to tolerate my moods, my eye rolls, and definitely my words. She has dealt with my sarcasm, my curtness, and my rage at times. I am blessed to have an angel for a wife that really loves me. She loves me so much, she puts up with my major flaws and see right through them. 

I need to do better!

Dear Lord, Help me to manage my words, my attitudes, and my emotions. I know with your power and wisdom, I can conquer my tongue and defeat satan that likes to use it for his purposes. I don't want to praise you out of the same mouth that is harsh to others. Forgive me Lord when my mouth does not share your love, grace, and mercy. I truly love you, even when my words don't speak that love. I praise you for your patience with me and am humbled by your love.

No comments: