Sunday, May 13, 2018

To the Mom’s in my life

“Is there any encouragement from belonging to Christ? Any comfort from his love? Any fellowship together in the Spirit? Are your hearts tender and compassionate? Then make me truly happy by agreeing wholeheartedly with each other, loving one another, and working together with one mind and purpose. Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves. Don’t look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too. You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had.”
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭2:1-5‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/php.2.1-5.nlt

I really only have one mom. She’s awesome. However, I do have a lot of mom’s in my life. My wife is a great mom to my three daughters, I have two daughters that are mom’s and I have a granddaughter who is a mom to be within the next month. I deal with mom’ of my students and many of my motorcycle friends are mom’s. While I’m sure there are moms out there that are not as described in these verses, I sure can’t think of any. The ones that are closest to me definitely fit this scripture. It’s like this scripture was God appointed specifically for Mom.

While I belive God appointed men as the HEAD of the family, the hands, feet, arms, legs, and certainly the HEART of the family is the mom. Moms keep the family together. They are the unity of spirit. I can not think of more tender and compassionate people than the Moms in my life. They unite our families through all the trials, busy schedules, and chaos of daily life. The sacrifices my mom, my wife, and my daughters make for their families has been nothing less than miraculous. They are selfless and have one thing in mind ...... service to their family. They are humble servants to the Lord first, but their families are next. I can say all of them, from my mother, to my wife, to my daughters have an attitude of Christ. They would do everything, sacrifice ALL for the well being of their families. Yes, these verses were written about Moms.

Happy Mother’s Day to the greatest of the greats in our world. I praise God for your love and devotion. I praise God for my mother and the sacrifices she had made for me, the great Godly example she set, and her unending love. I praise my Lord for a wonderful wife who loves her daughters and grandkids with all her heart and treats my like gold. I am also so thankful her daughters are following her example as they raise their own kids and tackle life’s challenges. I ask a special blessing on you as we celebrate and honor all of you today!

Happy a Mother’s Day,

No comments: