Wednesday, February 24, 2016

We just don't know!

“Then the king instructed Zadok to take the Ark of God back into the city. “If the LORD sees fit,” David said, “he will bring me back to see the Ark and the Tabernacle again. But if he is through with me, then let him do what seems best to him.”” 2 Samuel 15:25-26 NLThttp://bible.com/116/2sa.15.25-26.nlt

I have prayed many a prayer just like this. We really don't know what is ahead of us. I can pray personal prayers for today, tomorrow, and in the future. But, I really don't know what the Lord has in store for me. We always need to be open and honest with the Lord in our prayers. I want the Lord's will in my life more than anything. I want his will in every step I take and every word I speak. I know he doesn't NEED ME to fulfill his ultimate plans and really could call me home at any time. I'm expendable. Even so, I want to serve him more and more. I want his will more and more regardless if that will includes me. 

I love you Lord and I lift my voice that you would help me enter your gates with joy and praise. Keep me and my family safe as we serve you. Draw us closer to you. Open our hearts and eyes to see your love everywhere. You are awesome Lord and I want you to do what is best for me. I know my future is uncertain, but I do not fear that uncertainty. I rejoice in your plans. I rejoice in your love and the future you have for me, here and now and in eternity with you. Amen! 


No comments: