Sunday, February 21, 2016

Big Mistakes!

26When Uriah’s wife heard that her husband was dead, she mourned for him.27When the period of mourning was over, David sent for her and brought her to the palace, and she became one of his wives. Then she gave birth to a son. But the lord was displeased with what David had done. 2 Samuel 11:26-27

At this point in the story of David, it is hard to believe he is in the family line of our Savior Jesus Christ. But, if you look at the family tree of Jesus, it is full of sinners and people that displeased the Lord at some point in their life.. The story of David and Bathsheba is a perfect example. David lost sight of the Lord and his plan. He let his sinful nature take over, even if only for a moment. Then his life spiraled out of control. Soon after David's house began to rebel against him, the son of Jesse knew what he needed to do. He confessed his sin and repented to the Lord.
To David's credit, he recognized his sin. He recognized his mistakes. I see so many Christians not even recognize their own sins. How can we confess our sins and repent if we can't even recognize them? This is the process. It is not pretty. There are still consequences of outwardly disobeying the Lord, but our God is a loving God and he will forgive. He will continue to love us even through the "consequences". My loving Heavenly Father will not abandon me, even when I do stupid things, or when I make crazy choices against him. I am just like David. I haven't committed the same sin, but I have many things in my life I am not proud of and God has been displeased. I am humbled because in his anger he could completely destroy me, but he chooses to forgive and forget. IF I COME TO HIM ON MY KNEES and ask him to forgive, he will do it. That is grace. That is the AMAZING grace we sing about and cherish so much. 

I praise you Lord. I praise you and am completely humbled by your loving grace. I continually ask you to watch over me and my family. Not because we deserve it, but because we DON'T. I want to serve you more and more as I see your mercy and grace in my life. Forgive me when I lose sight of your plans. Forgive me when I don't serve you as I should. Thank you for not giving up on me . I am honored you are using me to further your kingdom and win hearts and lives for eternity. Amen!


No comments: