Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Smelly Oil

“Then Samuel took a flask of olive oil and poured it over Saul’s head. He kissed Saul and said, “I am doing this because the LORD has appointed you to be the ruler over Israel, his special possession.”
1 Samuel 10:1 NLT -- http://bible.com/116/1sa.10.1.nlt

This verse made me think of my CMA state leadership meeting on Saturday. We had officer training to prepare for the year. It is a great time to get together with my fellow CMAers to learn from each other. At the end of the day, each officer from our 24 chapters were anointed with oil and were prayed over for the coming year. I loved the ceremony and it was powerful. But, I have to admit, the oil smell was overpowering and soon afterward I had to wipe it off. It made me chuckle think about Saul also being anointed. I wonder if he wiped it off.

The oil is a great symbol of God's overpowering strength and power in my life. I am so thrilled to be marked as one of his children. I am humbled that he has chosen me and the ministry of CMA to deliver his message to the lost. I really don't care about the smell. I care that the smelly oil means I have Jesus with me throughout all I do. God chose Saul for the special position of leadership to lead his nation. He chose me for my ministry with CMA and he has chosen you for your special ministry. Do you know what it is? Ask, listen, act on his call. He has a job for you. He will anoint you and send you out. You just have to answer the call. It is ridiculous if you do not have a specific ministry. God has chosen each of us to go out and spread the gospel. If you don't feel that is true about you, your not listening to the Holy Spirit. You need to bow down and ask the creator of the universe to reveal your ministry. He will do it. Pursue that ministry, act on his voice. 

Dear Lord, I am committed to you and the mission of letting everyone know of your love and grace. I am honored to be anointed for you. Forgive me for not always serving with passion and power. I love you and serve only you. Amen!

No comments: