Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Family stuff

“Love the LORD, all you godly ones! For the LORD protects those who are loyal to him, but he harshly punishes the arrogant. So be strong and courageous, all you who put your hope in the LORD!”
Psalms 31:23-24 NLT
http://bible.com/116/psa.31.23-24.nlt

I love my daughters and their families. We are close. There is never a night where we do not talk via FaceTime, social media, texting, or attending events. For the most par,  I know what goes on in their lives. So, I always have "stuff" to pray for. Right now is no different. As they travel through life and deal with jobs, kids, finances, busyness, health, and faith, I want so much to just jump in and fix everything for them. The older I get I realize that's just not going to happen. I want to be the rescuer. I want to solve the problems and end the trials. I can't. My only alternative, it should be my first choice, is to pray. I need to pray without ceasing for my family. I hope and plea for the Lord to hear me.

I'm not God, but I get the sense he feels the same about me.  He loves me and wants to swoop in and fix everything. He has determined since the very first days of life on this planet, to love us and give us free will. It pains him to see our chaotic lives, but he lets us deal with what we have created. He will help, he will support, he will fix things, only when called upon by his children. He will protect those who are loyal to him. 

My message to my kids: BE strong and courageous. Put your hope in the Lord.  I will forever Pray for you and the "stuff" of your life. I pray, not just for the stuff of your lives, but that you will draw closer to the care and protection of the Savior of the World. You are my great Love and I know the only way to truly protect you is through the arms of Jesus. 

Dear Lord, You know the trials and stresses facing my kids. I ask you to use your power, grace, and strength to grant them wisdom and direct them in the path YOU have laid out for them. Watch over them. Protect them from the enemy and bless their lives. I love you and worship only you, today, and every day. Amen!

No comments: