Monday, February 1, 2016

My Plan is NOT Best!

But though I have rescued you from your misery and distress, you have rejected your God today and have said, ‘No, we want a king instead!’ Now, therefore, present yourselves before the lord by tribes and clans.” 
1 Samuel 10:19

SO often God gives us what we want and not what we need. When we spend our prayer lives asking for stuff, over and over again, God answers. Even though he knows it's not best for us, many times,  he says yes.

I am more cautious in my aging years of "wisdom" not be be so specific with my prayer requests. I am more about praying for people and relationships than stuff. God knows what is best for me and my life. I have to trust him and his plan. MY PLAN IS NOT BEST. 

Dear Lord, I love you and trust you with all of my being. I trust you with the care of my wife and family. I love you and trust you with my career and my coworkers. I trust you that you will guide me in my work with teens. I trust you with my ministry at CMA. I trust you with it all. Thank you for your patience with me. I love you and honor you! I praise you for the life you have given me and the path you have placed before me. Amen!

No comments: