Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Be nice!

“Who else would let his enemy get away when he had him in his power? May the LORD reward you well for the kindness you have shown me today.”
1 Samuel 24:19 NLT
http://bible.com/116/1sa.24.19.nlt

Kindness is a lost art. People just aren't kind to each other and those that DO share the love, many times, have ulterior motives. Why can't we just be nice to each other? We need to make a vow to love our enemies, our friends, our coworkers, and certainly our families. The current Presidential candidates could learn this simple principle. I think it speaks about our "hate" when you look at who most Republicans are supporting and who is not getting support. They just can't focus on issues. They have to spend their valuable campaign time bashing and attacking each other.

We need to learn kindness. I see hate and judgment all the time. It's not just the students. I see plenty adults hating. If you disagree with someone, you hate them. That should NEVER be true. As Christians we have not been great role models when it comes to kindness. For the most part, we are kind to fellow Christians, although I have seen this breakdown also. But, we definitely don't share a lot of kindness with those we disagree with. We need to learn ways to love and disagree at the exact same time. How can we expect to share God's love with the lost if we do not FIRST share kindness?

Dear Lord, help me to be kind. Help me to share your love with the unloveable. Help me to represent the true love you have for my community regardless who they are. Lord, anyone can love those that love them. We need to follow your example and love those that DO NOT love us. We can't do this without you. Help us to look past the differences and see the real people inside. I love you Lord. I praise you for being kind to us and not hating when you could hate us. Your grace is perfect. Amen!


No comments: