Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Being ALL IN

“Since you have been raised to new life with Christ, set your sights on the realities of heaven, where Christ sits in the place of honor at God’s right hand. Think about the things of heaven, not the things of earth. For you died to this life, and your real life is hidden with Christ in God. And when Christ, who is your life, is revealed to the whole world, you will share in all his glory.”   Colossians 3:1-4 NLT.   http://bible.com/116/col.3.1-4.nlt


The last verse of this scripture should be our entire life. I want more than anything for my life to reveal Christ to a lost and dying world. Christ needs to BE my life. Everything I am should be Christ, 24 - 7 - 365. 

Am I a half-ass Christian? (Have I gotten your attention? I often tell students that "cussing" regularly devalues its effectiveness. But, it can be powerful communication tool if used at the right time.) 

I can not expect to be a powerful witness if I am not all in. I hear so many people fade away from their faith, I see their flame die. It is impossible to lose the flame if we fill ourselves with Christ. If we leave gaps, if we keep parts of our lives separate, away from God, our witness is doomed. We die. The world dies. How much of my day do I think of Christ? Do I use the Holy Spirit to guide all the decisions I make throughout a day. Or do I just worship on Sunday? Do I spend time daily in the word of God or do I let the busyness of my schedule keep me from studying his word? Are my prayers sent multiple times during the day, just once, twice, or maybe inconsistent? We can't live our life with Christ on a part time basis.

To keep our eyes on him, we need to spend time with him. Prayer, study, fellowship, worship, rinse-and-repeat every moment, every second of our lives. Heaven is the goal but before we get there God must BE our life, we must reveal him through our actions, words, and thoughts. Our walk, our words, all need to be in agreement. There is no room for anything else.  If we can maintain the focus, be all in, we will share in the glory that is eternity and we will share that glory with a saved world.


No comments: