Thursday, February 11, 2016

Valentines Day - just one day!

Sing praises to the lord who reigns in Jerusalem.
Tell the world about his unforgettable deeds. Psalms 9:11

My life is full of unforgettable deeds by the Lord. How can I ever put in to words his wonderful presence in my life. I gave my life to Christ as a young teen at a summer church camp. My faith has steadily grown over the 42 years since that date and my God has been faithful. 
One of the most significant events that happened in the early days of my faith was the gift of my wife, Stephanie. I am so amazed at God's hand in our lives. He brought us together. No one, including our families, believed in us. God brought us together at the young age of 15 years old. We have been together for 40 years and married for 38 of those years. It is not through anything wonderful we or I have done. It is God and his powerful mercy and grace. Now that we have gone through life together raising 3 wonderful girls, we are alone with each other. We still laugh and thoroughly enjoy each others presence just like the first weeks and months of our friendship. We work together, we travel together, we share life together and I could not be a happier man.
Valentines Day is coming and young people think of unique expressions of Love. They spend time buying just the right gift or the perfect card. They plan the perfect evening and spare no expense.  I just think of the wonderful gift God has given me and my joy overwhelms me. To many people February 14th is a magical date. That one day is so insignificant in the grand scheme of my wonderful life. It's just one day in the wonderful life I have had with my wonderful life.  I praise God for all the other wonderful days we have spent together and the many more that are ahead of us.

Dear Lord, I praise you for the wonderful works I have seen in my life. Lord Jesus, I am eternally grateful for my wife Stephanie and the love we have shared for 40 years. I am humbled that you cared so much for me that you sent such a wonderful partner. My life is special because of her and I know that gift is from you and you alone. I deserve none of the great deeds you have done for me. I deserve none of the LOVE I have received. I Praise YOU now and always! Amen!

No comments: