Sunday, February 7, 2016

Guns vs the Bible

“But LORD, you laugh at them. You scoff at all the hostile nations.”
Psalms 59:8 NLT
http://bible.com/116/psa.59.8.nlt

We are at war. Not only is the battle between good and evil men, there is a joint battle in the heavenly realm. ISIS, these Muslim extremists, are a part of satan's army. They are trying with all there efforts to topple Christianity, as we know it, with the backing of the dark forces. They are not the only ones siding with the enemy. Many "POLITICAL ACTIVISTS" are also being used by the deceiver to do his work. There is so much hate in the world and attacks against followers of Christ. So, yes, we are at war and even though I know the ultimate victory is in Jesus, I will do everything to protect my family. God has put me in a place where I can protect my wife, my daughters, and their families. Yes, I have the power of prayer. Yes, I have the power of the word of God. Now I also have a handgun.

Since just after Christmas I own a powerful tool for protection and now I'm learning how to use it. Slowly I am improving my ability to use it effectively. I did not purchase a gun to leave it sitting in some drawer hoping I could use it effectively when trouble comes. I will carry it. I will be ready to take action not just to protect myself and my family, but also other innocents caught in the turmoil of our society. I have a huge responsibility to make sure I am trained properly and use as much restraint as possible in the use of this new tool for safety. 

The Bible is just like my handgun! I know that my bother some people. But, the Bible, the word of my Lord, divinely written, is my protection. More powerful than any two edged sword and certainly more powerful than my handgun. There are many similarities between the word of God and my weapon of choice. So many people purchase Bibles and then they just sit as some decoration in the living room or get stored on some book shelf. It is a tool of eternal value. For the past 15 years, I have been diving into the word of God. I have been a Christian for over 40 years. The first part of my walk with the Lord, I read the Bible on occasion, but never really STUDIED it. Now that I spend more and more time in  the word, the more I am prepared for the troubles that are sure to come. I have my glock and I value it's power. I believe that the Lord wants us to use all means necessary to protect ourselves and others. But, there is nothing like the power of the Word of God. I trust in it to fight for me in the battle between Good and Evil. I have seen it's truth come to life in my life. It is not just a book, it is the word of God and useful to guide me in the direction of my life. IT IS MY PROTECTOR!

Dear Lord, I praise you for the word you have provided us. You alone, Lord,  are in control of all of my life. I completely trust you and your power. I praise you for the protection you provide. Watch over me as I try to protect my own family and friends from the enemies we meet everyday. I praise you for providing ALL the tools to keep us safe as we travel this life. Amen!

No comments: