Tuesday, February 16, 2016

What can I do?

“The foundations of law and order have collapsed. What can the righteous do?” But the LORD is in his holy Temple; the LORD still rules from heaven. He watches everyone closely, examining every person on earth. The LORD examines both the righteous and the wicked. He hates those who love violence. He will rain down blazing coals and burning sulfur on the wicked, punishing them with scorching winds. For the righteous LORD loves justice. The virtuous will see his face.” -- Psalms 11:3-7 NLT -- http://bible.com/116/psa.11.3-7.nlt

No more truer words have been written. 

I have been following, very closely, the presidential election process including nearly all the debates. My sincere opinion matches the words of these verses. Our country's foundation of law and order have collapsed. We are sinking deeper and deeper into sin, as a nation. We are rejecting God, we are not producing leaders that fear the Lord, no one respects authority. Hate fills the news and the hearts of our diverse people. Civility is non existent. I am to the point of throwing up my hands, "What are the righteous to do?"

But, the Lord is in his holy Temple, the Lord still rules from heaven.

It is so easy to lose hope in our crazy, mixed up world. Depression and anxiety can overwhelm us to panic and fear tomorrow. But, the victory is won. Jesus conquered sin and destroyed the grave for us. There is no doubt of the outcome, God reigns for eternity. End of story. 

Dear Lord, I Praise you for the destruction of hopelessness. I praise you for joy in the midst of pain. I praise you for life that is only renewed through your powerful name. Help me, Lord Jesus to be the light of hope in a world sinking into deeper darkness. I praise you and am honored to be filled with your spirit. I am not alone. You are on the throne! Amen! 

No comments: