Tuesday, February 23, 2016

No drama for me!

13  A messenger soon arrived in Jerusalem to tell David, “All Israel has joined Absalom in a conspiracy against you!” 2 Samuel 15:13
I have seen a lot of drama in my life. Teenagers, are full of drama. It is one of those parts of growing up that would be nice if it never had to happen. The sad part of "drama" adults do much the same thing. David's kingdom was filled with drama. Family dysfunction, rape, murder, jealousy, and sin were everywhere in Israel during King David's reign. It is no different today.
I wish I had a cure to keep teens from battling the way they do. "He said, She said" fights, hurt feelings, and bullying are the norm with teens. It all can be directly related to our selfish society.  We are so infatuated with what people think of us, our self image. The 70's and 80's got so caught up in the "Self-esteem" craze that it has overtaken our lives. We are so sensitive to what people think of us. We should be more concerned about what GOD thinks about us. 
As I grow older, I am less concerned about what people think about me. I avoid drama at all costs. I know I have haters. I know I have people that just don't like me. I really don't care. I am too old to try to impress anyone. My 55 years of life have led me to the point where I am only concerned with pleasing MY LORD. That doesn't mean I go out of my way to offend others, but I am more prone to "tell it like it is" instead of sugar coating my message. My time is short on this Earth. I do not have time to mess around with FLUFF. I don't have time for drama. I judge my life, my worth, my decisions, through the filter of the Bible and the power of Jesus Christ. Nothing else matters. It doesn't make me perfect. It takes me on a journey to be the best I can be in the eyes of God. 

No comments: