Monday, February 22, 2016

Young Rebels!

Then I will teach your ways to rebels, and they will return to you. Psalms 51:13

I wouldn't call my students "rebels" but they do have a passion for doing things outside the box. I really love the way teenagers challenge the status quo. I have found they are wonderfully passionate about changing the world. They are activists. Teens have an idealistic view of what can be and believe it is within them to make it happen.
WE should all have the heart of a teenager. We should attack the world from the positive attitude that we can make a difference. Working in education and seeing the future every day, I feel like our world does have a chance. I know that is not a popular view. Many people see the next generation as filled with video games and poor attitudes. I disagree. I live with them. I spend more time with them than many of their parents and there is hope. I see compassion. I see intelligence. I see openness. I see love and kindness. I praise God every day that I have the chance to spend my life with them. 

Dear Lord, I praise you and the life I live working with young people. Continue to use me to reach these "rebels" for you. Help me to be an example for them. I want to live my life as an extension of your love, mercy, and grace. It is not within me except through your power. I praise you for your love of rebels and sinners alike! Amen!

No comments: