Friday, February 19, 2016

I am honored!

So David asked the lord, “Should I go out to fight the Philistines? Will you hand them over to me?” 2 Samuel 5:19

My prayer life has grown over the years. I love conversation with the Lord and I have spent more time asking questions just like David. Early on in my life as a follower, I asked for things. I asked for God to follow my plans or to provide for my needs. As I have matured in my faith, I ask God to give me HIS direction. The difference is subtle and significant. I have received more and more guidance from the Holy Spirit and my life has changed because of it.

God is involved in every aspect of our lives. His powerful hand is directing us if we let him. The key is asking. I'm not going into battle with the Philistines, but I am going into a world that is hostile to followers of Christ. Christians are under attack and every move we make is scrutinized like and NFL Monday morning quarterback. So, we need to ask guidance in every moment of our lives. I pray for help in leading my students. I ask for wisdom in preparing for class, interaction with students, and dealing with issues that come up every day. I ask for guidance as we try to improve the way education is done at GHS. Every new thing the ILC Academy undertakes is a part of my prayer life FIRST. The results are shocking. I can see, in a very powerful way, the movement of the Holy Spirit in me. I can see his hand in the daily successes I see. I can not attribute any of that success to me or my wonderful skills as any gifts I have are only by God's hands. God is in charge. God is my great counselor and my confidant. He is Lord of all I do. I am honored to be his. 

Dear Lord, I praise you and am honored to be your child. I ask with all sincere humility to give me direction today. Help me speak your words to support my students. Help me to plan effective lessons that will prepare students for their future. Help students to SEE you within my entire day. Keep me from taking actions against your will. If we plan something that is outside your will, may we know that and not follow through. Lord I love you and praise you for your wonderful power, mercy, and grace. I am yours! Amen!

No comments: