Saturday, February 20, 2016

More than Words

In times of trouble, may the lord answer your cry.May the name of the God of Jacob keep you safe from all harm.2May he send you help from his sanctuaryand strengthen you from Jerusalem.3May he remember all your gifts and look favorably on your burnt offerings.Interlude 4May he grant your heart’s desires and make all your plans succeed. 5May we shout for joy when we hear of your victory and raise a victory banner in the name of our God. May the lord answer all your prayers. Psalms 20:1-5

What a wonderful prayer for today. The book of Psalms is filled with wonderful prayers and I love reading them. I have read multiple translations of the Bible. The timeless words in this book sound beautiful in all of them. I praise the Lord for the Bible. As I spend more and more time in the word of the Lord, I am always touched and it impacts my day in powerful ways. I am completely amazed a book that was written long, long ago, can still be applied to our techno-world in the 21st century.
I just do not get so many Christians that don't STUDY, daily, the word of God. I have read through the entire Bible multiple times. I don't say this to brag. I share this to implore you to try it. I have found the Bible is ACTIVE in my life in the situations I am in today. I feel blessed the Holy Spirit opens up the meanings and touches my heart how these pages can be applied in my day. I don't miss a day studying the word of the Lord. You should try it. It is a time honored, God written, foundation to our faith. 
I praise you Lord for the wonderful gift you have given in your word. I praise you that I have been touched by the words from Genesis through Revelation. Praise God for his word! Amen!

No comments: