Thursday, September 24, 2015

Super Heroes!

“I said to the LORD, “You are my Master! Every good thing I have comes from you.” The godly people in the land are my true heroes! I take pleasure in them!”
Psalms 16:2-3 NLT--http://bible.com/116/psa.16.2-3.nlt

This week has been homecoming week at school and we have had a Super Heroe theme. Everyone has been focusing on batman, superman, Wonder Woman, etc. I love these super heroes as they are all servants for good. They face off against evil in there fictional worlds and set a great example for kids and adults alike. They aren't real. We do have some real super heroes among us, in real life.

It's not difficult to find heroes in our society. I think of Billy Graham, Mother Teresa, and countless pastors in local churches across our nation. But there are also the unsung heroes that serve Jesus in so many different ways. There are people that have sacrificed everything to serve others in the name of Jesus. They don't grab the headlines, they won't be the lead story on the morning news, they quietly go about Gods work. They expose themselves to critics who question there motives and methods. The obstacles they face do not deter them from their mission. They are focused on Jesus. 

Dear Lord, thank you for those heroes of the faith that live right now. I am inspired by these men and women you have given. Please continue to use them, protect them, give them strength of purpose, give them the power and will to overcome those that persecute them. Use me Lord to serve in their shadow. Use me in the same way you use them. I love you and want nothing more than to serve you every waking moment of my life. Thank you Lord! Amen!


No comments: