Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Just thinking!

“There once was a man named Job who lived in the land of Uz. He was blameless—a man of complete integrity. He feared God and stayed away from evil.

Job stood up and tore his robe in grief. Then he shaved his head and fell to the ground to worship. He said, “I came naked from my mother’s womb, and I will be naked when I leave. The LORD gave me what I had, and the LORD has taken it away. Praise the name of the LORD!” In all of this, Job did not sin by blaming God.”
Job 1:1, 20-22 NLT (http://bible.com/116/job.1.1,20-22.nlt)

I've been thinking a lot lately. My thoughts always find there way into this blog. Forgive me for my ramblings. I'm hoping if we get enough of us thinking, the Lord will make clear the path chosen for his people. I don't think the actions we take in the name of the Lord are always pleasing to our savior. I think our poorly chosen message can do more harm than good. Yet, the world needs to hear the truth. 

How am I supposed to treat those that live contrary to God's law? Am I the one appointed to change the ways of the sinner? I have always felt a strong calling to follow this verse.

“And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.”
Mark 16:15 KJV. http://bible.com/1/mrk.16.15.kjv

But, what are my "rules of engagement"? Am I the one to point out the condemnation when the sinner rejects the Lord? How can I love the sinner? Am I any different than the Pharisees that condemned those that did not follow the rules? When I am sharing, what do I do when the gospel is largely rejected. Is my path to be the same as Kim Davis? She went to jail for her beliefs. Am I to be militant like Westboro Baptist? Is holding public, defiant, protests the way Jesus would have me deal with the controversy such as those held at abortion clinics? Am I condemned by the father if I don't? 

I interact with teenagers every day that are asking questions about how to "do" life. I feel such an obligation to let them know the truth and to balance the lies of the world. I always make known that I am a Christian. They know where I stand. But, I am careful not to condemn or judge. Should I be more bold in sharing those beliefs?

Our witness, our daily walk, interactions with people, are so critical. I think many Christians take that witness too lightly. I need to spend more time praying about my story. I need to be courageous at the same time compassionate to others. I need to intensely study how Jesus dealt with sinners and pray for his direct guidance in everything I do. I am not perfect. Sometimes I am too bold and other times, I'm not bold enough. I can't do this life on my own.

Lord, please send the Holy Spirit to fill my life with words and actions from you. Amen!

No comments: