Saturday, September 5, 2015

It gets even better!

“All these people earned a good reputation because of their faith, yet none of them received all that God had promised. For God had something better in mind for us, so that they would not reach perfection without us.” Hebrews 11:39-40 NLT
http://bible.com/116/heb.11.39-40.nlt

You might get tired of me saying how blessed I am. I just can't help it. Really, I have been blessed throughout my entire life. Sure, I have had some ups and downs. Even in the amount of time I have been writing this blog, I have testified to some struggles. Yet, throughout even the struggles of life I can testify to the blessings I have received from God. Then I get to this verse.

God has something better in mind. If I had struggled throughout my life this verse would have a completely different meaning. I have lived such a blessed life and now I know it's just going to get better. I can't wait. Every day of my life is a mystery, a glorious mystery because we do not know from moment to moment what is to come. Some people "peek" around the corners of life in anticipation of what is coming. They are worried about the oath they are on. Others, including myself, look to the future with excitement and great anticipation. This verse is the reason!

I praise you, Lord, for my wonderfully exciting life. I praise you that I can charge into everyday not worried about what is around the corner. I know, good or bad, that you are here with me. You will protect me and walk with me when life turns ugly. I have a special confidence because I know my life is not my own. I have a confidence because even when life is fantastic, it's going to get even better. It's a confidence that is about you Lord, not me. Thank you Lord. I love you and am humbled to be one of yours. Amen!


No comments: