Sunday, September 6, 2015

Marriage

“Give honor to marriage, and remain faithful to one another in marriage. God will surely judge people who are immoral and those who commit adultery.”
Hebrews 13:4 NLT
http://bible.com/116/heb.13.4.nlt

I love my wife. I can't even imagine living my life without her. For 37 years we have shared our lives. It's been an amazing life of love, friendship, and family. 

I truly honor marriage and all it stands for. For the last several years, the term marriage has been much maligned. The definition of marriage has morphed into something God never intended. It used to mean the Union of man and woman in a commitment of love, friendship, and family. I'm not here to condemn those that have twisted this honorable institution. I'm not to judge. God will.

My sadness is not how much people dishonor the true definition of marriage. My sadness is that they will never know the real joy of marriage. They can try to imitate true marriage with their partner, but God designed man and woman to be together for a reason. When we do marriage correctly, when we honor marriage, no other "union" can match it. The special intimacy between a man and a woman can't be duplicated. It's not just about sexual intimacy, although that is part of it, it's about a physical, spiritual, and mental  bonding designed by God because of our unique differences. It's a deeper kind of love. Critics will say they CAN match the union of man and wife with a different kind of "family". I just disagree! It's kind of funny that these "new families"  try to copy everything that a man and woman can do naturally. Why try to settle for a facsimile? Why not do the real thing?

I'm not going to criticize people who want to make long term commitments to each other. They can call it marriage if they want. But, It's not the same. Relationships of all kinds are valuable in life. Special relationships men to men and woman to woman can be wonderful. But, the eternal relationship between a man and a woman, set up since the inception of life on this planet, is a relationship like no other. It can't be duplicated, it can't be equalled. I am forever honored that God has brought my wife and I together. He brought us together and no man can separate us.

My advice, don't settle for something less than the perfect design of the creator of the universe. The God that created the heavens and the earth also created man and woman to be together in marriage.

No comments: