Monday, September 14, 2015

I wish I had never been born?

““Let the day of my birth be erased, and the night I was conceived. Let that day be turned to darkness. Let it be lost even to God on high, and let no light shine on it.”
Job 3:3-4 NLT.  (http://bible.com/116/job.3.3-4.nlt)

What would this world be like if you had never been born? 

After Job lost everything, he wished he had never been born. He completely blamed himself for all the calamity that just occurred. He thought if he had never been born, the world would be a better place.

So, I ask YOU! Would the world be better off without you? 

Personally, I can't say I've had much of an impact. It's not for lack of trying. I have a goal like most people, to make a difference, to change the world. I just don't think it's happened. But, I'm not giving up. My entire life is about making a difference. I'm not talking about making the nightly news type of difference,. I'm talking about bringing someone who was going to die, permanently, to live with me in eternity. I want to save as many lives as possible from the depths of hell. I guess I said that wrong. I want to introduce as many people as I can to Jesus so HE can save them from death. Anything less is unacceptable. 

I'm not worried about my impact from the worlds perspective. I only care about the life changing power of Jesus. I don't have a quota. I don't have some magical number that I need to enter the gates of heaven. I just know I want to give my best for every moment I have. I want to take advantage of any openings to share. I want to plant the seeds for the harvest. I can't do that if I had never been born. 

I understand Jobs thoughts. If I have kept one soul out of heaven because of my actions, my words, or my inaction, I would rather God erase my birth from history. Please Lord forgive me if that is true! Amen!

No comments: