Sunday, September 27, 2015

Demand nothing!

“One day the Pharisees and Sadducees came to test Jesus, demanding that he show them a miraculous sign from heaven to prove his authority.”
Matthew 16:1 NLT -- http://bible.com/116/mat.16.1.nlt

How can anyone think about demanding things from God. 

Who has done this? 

We all have!

Anytime we act on our own without the consult of God, we are demanding action from him.  God has his own timing and his own plan. He sees the big picture. As a matter of fact he CREATED the picture. How can we say we know best? We either have Or we have NOT committed our lives to Christ. There is no middle ground. We have either turned our lives over to him or not. We have to be patient and wait on the Lord. We have to be committed to carrying out his plan and following his timing. 

My biggest failures in life have come from my own doing and not God's. I have missed my greatest blessings by going out on my own and not praying to my father in heaven. Many of my trials have been from demanding this or that from God. It's only through retrospect can I see that. I can't go back and change my life, but I can move forward spending more time in prayer, more time listening to the voice of my loving and powerful God and waiting patiently on the Lord. 

Dear Lord, I beg your forgiveness for not always following the path you have laid out for me. I recommit my life to you and your plan. Please Lord Do not give up on me and my sinfullness. Guide me in the decisions I must make. Present the right path in a clear way. I am awed by your patience with me and your love, grace, and mercy. You are everything! Amen!

No comments: