Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Maybe not in a President........ But,

But Jesus called them together and said, “You know that the rulers in this world lord it over their people, and officials flaunt their authority over those under them. But among you it will be different. Whoever wants to be a leader among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first among you must become your slave. For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many.””
Matthew 20:1-16, 25-28 NLT -- http://bible.com/116/mat.20.1-16,25-28.nlt

I am very in tune with national politics. I love my pre-vote analysis to decide who I am voting for. Call me weird, but I think it's fun. At this point, and it's early, I have not decided who I will vote for. As always my "ideal" candidate is nowhere to be found. So, what is it I want in a candidate? 

I want them to focus on thes verses:

"Whoever wants to be a leader among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first among you must become your slave. For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many.”

I just don't see any humble servants running for President. I wished there was. I would give anything for a true servant-leader in charge of our country. I would give anything for a candidate  to be a slave to us and not special interest groups and other politicians. Really, all leaders need to se be this way. Leadership is about serving others, not bossing them around. I love working for a principal that serves his staff. I love working for a school that is filled with lstaff members that want to serve the students we lead. Whenever you can get any organization to think of themselves as servants it will be successful.

My CMA chapter is full of servant leaders and this month starts our election process. We have nearly 25 people eligible to serve as leaders and so far most are willing to serve if asked. That is amazing and only possible through the working of the Holy Spirit. I love my CMA family.

Dear Lord, I humbly pray with all sincerity for our leaders, including the President, congress, my state leaders, my school administration, and the leaders of my church. I pray for our elections and that your hand will be in them, helping us select leaders that have a heart for your kingdom. I also pray for my CMA chapter elections and our mission. I am thankful for those willing to serve in all leadership positions and ask you to give wisdom and discernment as they serve. May we all look at your example for true servant leadership. Amen!

No comments: