Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Doctor Rhoades!

“When Jesus heard this, he said, “Healthy people don’t need a doctor—sick people do.” Then he added, “Now go and learn the meaning of this Scripture: ‘I want you to show mercy, not offer sacrifices.’ For I have come to call not those who think they are righteous, but those who know they are sinners.””
Matthew 9:12-13 NLT. (http://bible.com/116/mat.9.12-13.nlt)

This could be my theme song. It sparks my life and always has. I have to admit I am greatly irritated with Christians. Much of my life has been spent in churches or at church events. I have been to some wonderful churches with driven people serving others. I honor that and respect them. But, sitting in a church pew is NOT our calling. Not me, not you, not anyone. We are not to isolate ourselves. We are to go to others to find the sick, and heal them. We are all Doctors and the patients need a house call. I don't know too many of the lost begging to visit to your churches. Very few people will come to church before they are saved. We have to go to them and the places they hang out aren't pretty. 

As Christians we need to get out of our comfy, feel good, churches and go to the world. We need to go to places that are full of sin and share Jesus. We can't afford to wait. Eternal life is at stake. I think CMA does that better than anyone. But, there are others and there are other people going to the lost and sharing the love of Christ through service and love. They are providing for needs and building long term relationships.god does not need more people sitting in church pews. He needs more people working the front lines for the kingdom. He needs all of us going out to the world to preach the gospel.

No comments: