Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Not just sittin' in the pew!

"You have been believers so long now that you ought to be teaching others. Instead, you need someone to teach you again the basic things about God’s word. You are like babies who need milk and cannot eat solid food.” Hebrews 5:1-2, 12 NLT. (http://bible.com/116/heb.5.1-2,12.nlt)

At some point in your spiritual life you need to teach or at the very least share what God has done for you.

You can't just spend your entire life sitting in a church pew on Sunday morning. You need to take action on your faith. I am so dissappointed in the number of people that have no "real" ministry. They attend most every Sunday and are loyal to the church, but do not put faith into action. This is one of the reasons for the downfall of the church. We are too comfortable on Sunday mornings. How can we grow a church if we don't go out and seek new life in the Lord. We were told to  "GO" not "SIT" to spread the gospel throughout the world. 

This is one of the purist "basics" spoken about in the scripture. We need to grow up spiritually and that means developing spiritual confidence through study of the word. We need to perfect our witness, our testimony of Gods faithfulness, and we need to pray without ceasing. These are the non-negotiable tenets of faith.

Dear Lord, please help me reach others for you. Give me the motivation to go OUT, and not just wait passively on the sidelines for others to come to me. Give me the wisdom to teach others about you, both formally and informally. Help me to be ready at a moments notice to share the wonderful blessings payout have given me. Help me to share how you have rescued me time and time again from the sin and poor decisions in my life. I love you Lord. I love you with all my heart. Amen!

No comments: