Monday, September 21, 2015

Change of plans

“Jesus sent out the twelve apostles with these instructions: “Don’t go to the Gentiles or the Samaritans, but only to the people of Israel—God’s lost sheep. Go and announce to them that the Kingdom of Heaven is near. Heal the sick, raise the dead, cure those with leprosy, and cast out demons. Give as freely as you have received!”
Matthew 10:5-8 NLT--http://bible.com/116/mat.10.5-8.nlt

When I read this verse, It struck me as odd that a few short years later, the emphasis would change. The focus would move to sharing the gospel with the Gentiles. 

My God has a plan. He is in control of the timing and that timing is perfect. His plan is unique to us. In order to know that special plan you must listen and act on the voice of God. Jesus sent the apostles out with a specific purpose. His long term plan would expand to all people, but at that particular time it was just for Israel. I love the plan. I love it that his 12 apostles listened and acted. 

Are you listening for your plan, your marching orders? I can guarantee your plan, like mine, will evolve. That's why you must train your heart to continuously listen as the plan grows within us. By prayer, worship, and reading the word YOUR plan will be revealed, not just once, but daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly. I am so excited to see my plan continue. My life has already been quite the adventure. 

Dear Lord, I love you so much and am wildly excited about how you are using me and my life. I pray that you will continue the joy and excitement through your plans. I pray for the wisdom to discern your plans from the plans of man. Use me for your kingdom. Use me for your glory. I am awed by your amazing mercy  and grace, every day of my life. Amen!

No comments: