Sunday, August 9, 2015

Wendy Whiner!

“Moses heard all the families standing in the doorways of their tents whining, and the LORD became extremely angry. Moses was also very aggravated.” Numbers 11:10 NLT, http://bible.com/116/num.11.10.nlt

After I titled this blog, I realized I have a friend named Wendy! Yikes! 

THIS IS NOT ABOUT YOU WENDY!

Out of any personal habits you could have, Whining is the worst. I hate it when my own kids do it, when my students do it, or adults do it. It is worse than fingernails on a chalk board! It's really hard to describe what whining is. But, we all recognize it when we hear it. Whiners stress about everything, are weak, and helpless. They are solely dependent on others to solve their problems. God gives us the ability to control our own circumstances. Whiners give up control and blame everything on somebody or something else.

I love that the Lord has given us control of our own lives. Beyond that he also gives us a place to go when we just can't do it on our own......... The feet of Jesus. There is no need to whine. There is no need to stress about the trials of life or the times we just feel like screaming out loud! Whining is about a lack of faith and giving no hope to your life or the situation you are in. Trust in the Lord!

Des Lord, forgive me for the times I resort to whining and complaining about life. I thank you for the love and patience you have with me. Thank you for your amazing grace and love. AMEN!



No comments: