Friday, August 21, 2015

The result of Foolishness

“People ruin their lives by their own foolishness and then are angry at the LORD.”
Proverbs 19:3 NLT (http://bible.com/116/pro.19.3.nlt)

It amazes me how Christians and how the world blame the Lord for their trials and tribulations. We sin, and sin, and sin some more, then we suffer the consequences of that sin and get mad at the Lord. I know I have made some poor choices throughout my life. I can't say my life was ruined, but I can truly say my life has suffered. Many of those instances of poor decision making could have been avoided had I listened to the Lord. I need to spend more time with my Lord. Every day I try to teach kids to take responsibility for their actions. Yet, when it comes to my own life, I want to blame the Lord. It's just not right. If I could just naturally go to him with everything, my suffering in this world would be gone. Through the heat of the moment, I ignore his wisdom and guidance. I listen to my own sinful nature instead and then comes the pain. It's a vicious cycle that I have repeated too often throughout my life.

I praise God that he is patient with me and his love overcomes his hurt from being blamed for all my ills. He hates sin, but he loves us so much that he helped us defeat that sin through Jesus. Forgive me Lord for blaming you for my troubles. I know you have a perfect plan for me and I just need to rely on you for that plan to be revealed. I praise you for your  wonderful patience and love. Amen!


No comments: