Thursday, August 6, 2015

Hi! Is not enough!

‘May the LORD bless you and protect you. May the LORD smile on you and be gracious to you. May the LORD show you his favor and give you his peace.’” Numbers 6:23-26 NLT (http://bible.com/116/num.6.23-26.nlt)

That's my message today. It's not the typical short greeting that we use in our fast paced society. For me right now, I'm lucky I have time to say "Hi!" I need to SLOW down and keep in mind the purpose of my life, it's about relationships. 

School starts and life gets crazy. I çant wait for the new routines to set in. I get so busy this time of year that I just don't take time to do anything I really want to do. I love sitting and talking to students , leisurely, in the morning, after school, between classes, and at the start of each class. But, I've got so much to do, I just don't take the time. I hate it. It's not what I teach that's important, it's who I teach that's important. Building relationships takes time, it can't be done "on the fly"!

Lord, give me time. Give me peace to just talk with people. Help me relax. Help me to show your love even when times are busy and stressful. I love you and want to be your servant with everyone I meet and everywhere I go.

No comments: