Thursday, August 13, 2015

My eyes

“Sensible people keep their eyes glued on wisdom, but a fool’s eyes wander to the ends of the earth.”
Proverbs 17:24 NLT (http://bible.com/116/pro.17.24.nlt)

We always talk about how your words can damage or build up other people. It is very true. But, your eyes are directly connected to your heart. How you look at others speaks volumes about your priorities and your faith. How do you look at the "ugly" people you meet every day. I'm not just talking about looks. That's also important. Do you look with the same loving eyes at physically UNattractive peole as those that are. How do you view sinners? How do you view people that go against your beliefs. How do you look at gays, drug users, prostitutes, and killers? How do you REALLY look at them? I know many that look at them with disgust? They look at them with anger, hate, and disdain! Others ignore them altogether.

Not me. 

In my Chrisitan Motorcyclist Association ministry, I have had the opportunity to hang out with many of the people I just mentioned. I have actually gotten to know many of the people most Christians treat as the enemy. I can truly say I look at them with love and I certainly look at them with sorrow. I can see such great potential and hope if they can just find Jesus. I know I'm not going to force that to happen, but I won't give up hope. We can't just ignore them. We need to look at them with the eyes of Jesus. Jesus does not want us to ignore the lost. He wants us to go to them, love them, and serve them. That's exactly what I'm going to do.

Dear Lord, help mé to have your eyes. Help me to look past the surface and to see into the hearts of the people I meet. Help me not to judge by looks but to get to know, really know the people in this world. Help me to serve them with eyes of love. My life is yours! amen!

No comments: