Sunday, August 30, 2015

Becoming a student again

“We also know that the Son did not come to help angels; he came to help the descendants of Abraham. Therefore, it was necessary for him to be made in every respect like us, his brothers and sisters, so that he could be our merciful and faithful High Priest before God. Then he could offer a sacrifice that would take away the sins of the people. Since he himself has gone through suffering and testing, he is able to help us when we are being tested.”
Hebrews 2:16-18 NLT. (http://bible.com/116/heb.2.16-18.nlt)

At my school I am a part of a "blended learning program" . We offer a mixture of online learning and traditional learning with the guidance of learning coaches (teachers). We offer such a wide variety of courses to students that want to accelerate their education and those that need EXTRA time to successfully complete their work. As a learnIng coach responsible for helping students with math, it can be very challenging to keep up with all the different courses we offer. My favorite method is to take the courses just like the students. So most of the summer I was "relearning" Probabilty and Statistics so I could better help my students. I've also retaken a PreCalculus and Teigonometry course. In order to better serve my students I needed to be one of them. I need to do problems on paper without the answer sheet. I need to take assessments to see how I'm doing. I need to see myself make simple mistakes even when I know the material. I need to be one of my students. Jesus did the same thing for us.

God sent Jesus to us, to be one of us, to defeat the enemy once and for all. He came down to earth to give us hope, to give us an example of how we were to live. He went through what we go through. He suffered even more than we could ever think about suffering. He came to us to better represent us before the father. Now all we have to do is listen, to follow, to heed the words of our savior Jesus Christ. 

Dear Lord, I praise you for your wonderful love. I praise you and am humbled that you would lower yourself to become one of us. You didn't need to do it, but you did anyway. I am committed to take that sacrifice you made and pursue a similar life of love and sacrifice. Help me Lord. Help me to take your life and death on this earth and apply it to my everyday walk with you. I love you and praise you for my wonderful life. It's pure joy! Amen!

No comments: