Monday, August 17, 2015

A truly wise person.........

“A truly wise person uses few words; a person with understanding is even-tempered.”
Proverbs 17:27 NLT (http://bible.com/116/pro.17.27.nlt)

I have weaknesses. 

We all do. 

I am a talker and I can not say I'm even tempered in any way. I'm trying. The older I get the more I listen and speak less. In my "younger and dumber" days of the past I would speak without thinking. My emotions would get my tongue moving before I would listen or think about the impact of my words. I still do that. It just happens much less than it used to. God is continuing his work in me. 

I praise God for how he has changed me through my life. I am not where I want to be, but I am moving toward those goals. I love it that God is patient with me. He has no notion that I will achieve perfection. He doesn't care. He wants me to love him, talk with him, and work towards growth and perfection. Sure it pains him when I say something stupid that hurts others. He doesn't want me to offend others when I'm in a bad mood. I will suffer the consequences of those poor choices, but he loves me through it all. 

Thank You Lord for loving me and being patient with me. ThAnk you for helping me grow toward perfection. I know I won't get there, but moving toward it is your hope and desire. I love you Lord and want to do and say the things that will make you proud. Amen!

No comments: