Saturday, August 8, 2015

Don't miss a moment!

“Lazy people don’t even cook the game they catch, but the diligent make use of everything they find.”
Proverbs 12:27 NLT (http://bible.com/116/pro.12.27.nlt)

I'm not a hunter. I am sure I would enjoy it, but I just never have taken the time to out it in my busy schedule. When I read this verse my ind instantly went to a presentation we had this week at school.  Our entire school corporation got to hear about "Rachel's Challenge". Rachel was the first person killed in the tragic Columbine school shooting. She has left a legacy to this world. She is impacting the lives of kids all over the world. She gave us 5 challenges through an essay she wrote before her death. They are:

Fight Prejudice
Dream Big
Choose positive influences in your life
Speak with kindness
Start your own chain reaction

I think these are challenges we all can take to heart. But, throughout the presentation I realized I need to take advantage of every moment of my life. I need to concentrate on these five challenges and one more big challenge. I need to bring people to the love of Jesus. All five of Rachel's challenges are great but the one thing missing is Jesus. My moments, no matter how fleeting they are, need to be spent doing good, but I have to go the next step. God's challenge is getting people to know about him and turn their lives over to him. Accept the challenges! Take advantage of your blessedlifeto lead others to the truth.

Lord, thank you for my wonderful life. I am humbled by how you are using Rachel's life for your purposes. Please continue to use my life also. Help me take every moment I breathe and make them yours. I love you and look forward to each of those moments. Amen!


No comments: