Tuesday, August 18, 2015

No water

“There was no water for the people to drink at that place, so they rebelled against Moses and Aaron. The people blamed Moses and said, “If only we had died in the LORD’s presence with our brothers!”
Numbers 20:2-3 NLT (http://bible.com/116/num.20.2-3.nlt)

As I've read these bible accounts of the Israelites, I have been so critical of their rebellious nature. Yet, we are no different. Look at what they had been through. They were slaves, then delivered, pinned against the Red Sea, delivered, then attacked, delivered, starved, then delivered. Time and time To again they were delivered in dramatic style. They were still a stubborn and rebellious people. 

We are no different. I am no different! Our country is in constant rebellion. I'm not talking civil war rebellion. I'm talking Israelite rebellion. I'm talking about defy and doubt God rebellion. Can't we see how truly blessed we are? Is it impossible for me to be satisfied with where the Lord leads? When things are great and I'm getting my way....... All things are good. One small sign of distress and I completely forget about the power of my Creator. I forget about how he has rescued me for 55 years. I love the Lord. He is my rock and my deliverer. I praise him for his glory and how that manifests itself in my life. 

Lord, I am sorry for my rebellion. I am sorry I doubt you, over and over again. Please Lord, help me keep my eyes on you throughout sunshine and darkness. I love you forever, amen!


No comments: