Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Always Learning

“Get all the advice and instruction you can, so you will be wise the rest of your life.”
Proverbs 19:20 NLT. (http://bible.com/116/pro.19.20.nlt)

When was the last time you formally tried to learn something new. Was it high school? College? I love learning. This summer I took an online statistics course so I could help my students learn stats. It was fun relearning something I haven't done in years. I have done multiple studies of the scriptures and I love reading different perspectives on Gods word. I am interested in re-learning a foreign language. I want to relearn calculus. I am always interested in learning things. God has wired me that way. It's clear that God wants us to learn, not just during out youth years. He wants us to keep learning for the rest of our lives. If you think you've gotten to the point where you've learned it all, you are completely wrong. 

Thank you Lord for the gift of knowledge. Thank you for the complexity of this life that leads us to the search for knowledge. We know we have a lot to learn. May we have a heart that aches to know YOU more just like we thirst for knowledge of the world around us. Amen!

No comments: