Thursday, August 6, 2015

People are not nice!

“Some people make cutting remarks, but the words of the wise bring healing.”
Proverbs 12:18 NLT (http://bible.com/116/pro.12.18.nlt)

What ever happened to civility? Is it no longer proper to keep your mouth closed if you have nothing good to say? I watched mega hours of political debate tonight and those people were downright mean to each other. It was entertaining the same way that the super bowl is entertaining, but is it right. Is it the way we want our politicians to treat each other. Sure we can talk about immigration, abortion, jobs, the economy, or a host of other topics, but maybe we should legislate being nice to each other. I'm a little shocked that many people support candidates tha spew fiery rhetoric at "each other".  I do want a strong, confident candidate, but not at the expense of respect. I want them to be passionate about their mission, plans, and aspirations. I don't want them to act like school kids fighting at recess. 

We need to get back to really loving each other regardless of the differences of opinion we have. We need to be nice to each other. How can you share the love of Christ without that coming out of your mouth? God wants us to use our words to bring healing. He wants us to use our words to build up and not tear down. He wants us to speak well about people wether they are with us or not. He wants us to listen more than we speak, but when we do, we need to be nice! 

Lord, I love you. Please forgive me for my "cutting" words. Fill me with your spirit, use my words to be an extension of your love. Thank you Lord for loving me even with my flaws, weaknesses,and my poor judgement. Amen!

No comments: