Monday, August 24, 2015

You are who you hang out with!

“Throw out the mocker, and fighting goes, too. Quarrels and insults will disappear.”
Proverbs 22:10 NLT. (http://bible.com/116/pro.22.10.nlt)

I have known this to be true. In my former life, as an athletic director at my high school, I had to have people thrown out of an athletic contest. It wasn't pretty, but it was effective. Once you get rid of the troublemaker, things settle down . Classroom discipline is the same. In the past I have removed a student only to see ALL the troubles melt away. This is true in nearly every part of my life.

You are who you hang out with. You hang out with drunks, you will, more than likely, be a drunk. You want to maintain a negative attitude, hang out with the people that can't see goo in anything. You want to live life with joy in your heart? Hang out with the God of the Universe. His mercy, grace, forgiveness, and peace will permeate every crack and crevice of your life. Throw out the mocker, throw out the sin. Then look at the quality of your life, not to mention the eternity you will enjoy.

Lord, I praise you. I long to spend time with you, selfishly, because my life on Earth always gets better. Thank you Lord! Thank you for your love and sacrifice even to the cross. Amen!


No comments: