Monday, June 30, 2014

Victory against Persecution!

What’s important in all this is that if you keep a holy day, keep it for God’s sake; if you eat meat, eat it to the glory of God and thank God for prime rib; if you’re a vegetarian, eat vegetables to the glory of God and thank God for broccoli. None of us are permitted to insist on our own way in these matters. It’s God we are answerable to—all the way from life to death and everything in between—not each other. That’s why Jesus lived and died and then lived again: so that he could be our Master across the entire range of life and death, and free us from the petty tyrannies of each other. (Romans 14:6-9 MSG)

          People have some strange beliefs. With social media you see it all from strange diets to alien abductions, to conspiracy theories, to people preparing for a zombie apocalypse, to politics of all shapes and forms. I am amazed by the posts, you just can't make that stuff up. I know there are people who believe Christianity is one of those fads. If it is, it has some wonderful staying power. Trust me it's real and in all reality, I don't care what you think! Ok, I really do care, because I want you to be with me in eternity. But, just because you feel strongly against my faith in Christ, doesn't mean I'm going to change. I answer to God! My ENTIRE life has one purpose, serve God. He knows me, watches over me and leads me through darkness and even persecution. 

          Persecution is growing. Our own country is moving to a "Godless" society. Europe has been there for years. Our government, and in many ways the general public, are a growing force against my faith. I need to be strong in my faith in Jesus Christ. I need to study and prepare for days of persecution. I need to be prepared to fight with my life if necessary. 

          Yesterday was a good day for religious liberty. Hobby Lobby a public business run by good strong Christians was given permission to run their business as God would lead. My faith is interwoven in everything I do. The owners of Hobby Lobby believe the same. For now, the Supreme Court agrees that a family business can be run with God as the center. I am thankful and would love to see this trend continue. I am fearful it won't. In either case, I will be prepared to fight for my Jesus. Are you prepared for the battle?

No comments: